Alabama citizens who are members of the Armed Forces of the United States, a spouse of, or a dependent of, a member of the Armed Forces of the United States, a citizen living abroad or any other applicant qualified to vote pursuant to the Federal Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act, 42 U.S.S. 1973ff (UOCAVA) have two options as to how they can receive absentee ballots:

  • Electronic transmission; or
  • U.S. mail

To request electronic transmission of a blank ballot or a blank ballot via U.S. Mail, UOCAVA voters must mark the appropriate box on the State of Alabama UOCAVA Application for Absentee Ballot available here.

They may also mark “email/online” and provide an email address on the Federal Post Card Application available from their Voting Assistance Officer or from the web site of the Federal Voting Assistance Program at

For a complete information on voting options for Military and Overseas voters, please visit or  Please note that the FVAP website provides information for UOCAVA voters only.